This is a big week for Gay Girl Dating Coach. I’m kicking off the Gay Girl Love Tour and I’m so excited to be getting out of my office and away from my desk to meet women across the country!
I’m still very much in the planning and finalizing stages, but there’s no point in sitting here waiting. I want to create momentum and get you all jumping up and down to have a dating workshop somewhere near you. I have a number of dates and conversations going on with women in lots of locations right now.
Here’s what things look like during my first two weeks on the Gay Girl Love Tour:
Sept 6-8 – SisterSpace Weekend 2013, Darlington, MD – I’m one of many workshops happening at this event.
Sept 10-11 – Asheville, NC – Workshop is Sept 10. To learn more or register.
Sept 14 or 15 – Raleigh, NC – The details aren’t confirmed as of this morning. Hang on, it’s coming.
Sept 16-17-18 – I’d love to do a workshop somewhere going up the East Coast – DE? NJ? NYC? Philly? Boston? Be in touch if you want to help make this happen.
Sept 19 – Beverly, MA at The Wicked Art Bar – Workshop. More details coming
Sept 22 – Newburyport, MA – Workshop – More details coming
Do you see the current theme of more details coming? Yes, I’m working hard to get details nailed down but sometimes I have to wait for others and sometimes they are waiting for me. In spite of the fact that I’m not hugely great with details, it is happening and there is no point waiting for perfection before launching.
We’ll figure it out as we go along.
Other places where conversations are shaping up are:
- Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio – thank you Carol, Tiff and Erika
- Atlanta (and I could use another connection)
- Chicago (and here I could use another connection)
- talking about Western New York – Rochester and Woodstock areas – who else is out there…
- Denver – I’ve got a great connection here, thank you Kandis!
- San Diego – thank you Carol
- Nashville – thank you Tressa
- Louisville – thank you Brandi
- Oklahoma – thank you Jay
- Kansas – ????
Places I really want to get on the map soon:
- Florida for late September – Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa
- New Orleans or Baton Rouge
- Santa Fe and Albequerque
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Eugene, Portland
Now in between these well known city names are many other places I don’t know about but that may make sense for me to stop and do a workshop.
What needs to happen to bring a Gay Girl Love Tour workshop to you?
First let me say that I know I won’t be able to go everywhere. That’s just one of the facts.
But, if you’re interested just ask. Send me a note at [email protected] Let’s start the conversation.
What I need on site for a workshop depends on the demand. I’ve done these with 70 women in a room or just 10.
Here are the questions you need to be able to answer or be willing to get answers to:
- Is there a significant lesbian community in your area that you can contact and market the event to?
- Is there someplace where we can hold the workshop? I do need electricity and a way to show my presentation! A tent isn’t ideal, a meeting space is great, a big comfy living room works, a coffee shop… lots of places can work.
- If you’re location is on a route with others, that’s the best. Some places just aren’t going to work for me to get there. I have to be able cover the expense of getting there and lots of other costs for running the Love Tour and my office while I’m on the road. I’m going to try and keep ticket prices in the $25 range for a 2-3 hour workshop.
- You or someone you know has to be willing to be my hands and feet on the ground in your town or city. Find a space for us to meet, get the work out effectively to the local community and stir up interest in the event.
- What I am bringing to you is high value content reasonably priced and women rave about the value they get from a workshop.
This is it. If you pray, I’m happy to have you send good things to myself and every single women that attends a workshop, coaching session or other event that may spring up out of this. I’m on a mission and I am truly grateful for all the support you’ve been sending me. It makes a big difference in every way.
More to come…